Monday, September 16, 2019

MORE TIME TO ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS

Chalk art by next door neighbor Jayden 
age 4

For any of you wondering how I'm enjoying retirement,
it's taken some getting used to.
The sleeping in, 
working with a trainer at gym,
changing my diet,
reading voraciously, 
rediscovering cooking and playing the piano,
slow stitching at nite,
lunching with ex co-workers and alumni,
hanging out with my daughter and her pups,
lots of gardening
and planting my fall bulbs,
playing in the pool with my grand boys,
and enjoying my husbands company - most of the time.
Ha ha!

But what I've noticed lots more are the small things.
Stopping to chat with the elderly in my community
and getting to know my neighbors,
watching the cloud formations when it's humid and threatening to rain,
watching cactus flowers open,
looking for dried seedpods of day lilies and using them in dried fall arrangements,
watching those day lily seeds push up thru the dirt after planting them,
playing with the babies in the community and watching them grow.
And noticing the sidewalk art of my next door neighbor
and having the time to stop and take a picture.
Wonderful moments everyday.

4 comments:

  1. slow living ... full to overflowing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While some people feel lost when they retire, others find almost too much to keep them interested, creative, and full of new experiences! I love the way you are enjoying your newly discovered time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really so nice to slow down a bit Jen. can't wait till weather cools to do a bit of traveling as well

      Delete