Monday, September 9, 2019

GONE RUSTIC

Eco Dye Artist,
Rita Summers of Gone Rustic in Tasmania,
is producing some beautiful pieces for sale.
I found her on Pinterest and couldn't resist buying a few of her works.

I especially loved this paper bowl that she stitched together 
then embellished with a bit of crochet.
Scrumptious!


I also purchased this sweet notebook.
It looks large here on the blog but in person is only about 2" by 4".
Rita adhered the Eco paper to some type of interfacing
 then Free Motion Stitched her lovely design on both front and back.
It's so precious!
Here you can see how she zigzagged the edges together.
I looked up Tasmania on a world map.
It's an island off the Southeastern bottom edge of Australia,
right below Melbourne, Australia.

It was hard to pick a favorite,
that's why I bought 4 pieces.
But I adore this next one.
It's a journal made with several different kinds of Eco Dyed papers.
Notice how she used waxed linen to stitch it together with.
Here is one of the inside pages.

And the last piece is this note card.
The purples and blues she got are incredible here.
Below you can see how she bound it with a figure Eight Stitch.

I hope you enjoyed seeing Rita's work.
She also sells Eco Dyed clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment