Tuesday, January 15, 2019

SO THANKFUL...

for being given one more student helper to get me thru my day here at Whitney.
Back in the day I used to have one T.A. per period, but the last couple of years I've only been allowed 1 per day.
It makes it really difficult to prep for and check in and out supplies for nine different art classes a day.
So when my new Principal asked if there was anything he could help me with I said "Oh yeah?
Gee, could I possibly have one more T. A.?"
He said"I'll see what I can do."
And then the next day in walks senior Madison Greenwald,
a young woman I've taught since the 7th grade,
 incredibly smart, organized, sweet and responsible.
Oh Yeah!!!

So I wish I had a before pix to show you,
 but in 2 class periods my new student helper,
 Madison,
took my mess of a yarn storage area and tuned it into this.
A work of art!


Now the kids don't want to touch it for fear they will ruin it.
So they are being so careful to put yarns away in the correct cubby holder.
YES!!!!
Thank you Madison.

And btw,
Maddy's mother is an ex art student of mine from the mid 1980's,
Alice Choi.
When I first saw Alice at Back to School nite in Sept.
she said you probably don't remember me.
She looked familiar so I asked "Should I?"
She told me her name and it all clicked in place.
OMG, yes!
Alice is now a Law Professor at Cal State University at Long Beach,
and I couldn't be more proud of her.
It's funny how I can remember Alice but not what I had for lunch yesterday.
Boggles my mind.
LOL

1 comment:

  1. I've been playing with color wheels of late ... and this most definitely has me thinking out of (or into?) the box

    ReplyDelete