Wednesday, July 25, 2018

BACK TO IT

WATERCOLOR BLOB ANIMALS
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 1ST QUARTER - 2017-2018
watercolor and pen & ink

I'm sure all you art students have noticed I've taken a rather long break 
from posting your pieces this summer.
This seems to happen to me every summer.
Just needed a bit of time off to decompress from the very busy school year.
But as August draws near,
I'm back to it and will try to blog everyday to finish off this past school year.

This was the 7th graders 1st Quarter Final,
these fabulous Blob Animals,
inspired by illustrator Carla Sonheim.
Each child had to pick and be able to name their color scheme before they started.
They also had to add a bit of Zentangling as well as a lot of crazy creatures.
In this eye catching piece above by Eileen Rodriguez Salehi,
she has chosen a Primary Scheme which when worked Wet over Wet,
mixes and brings out all the other colors on the Color Wheel.

The next delicate piece above was done by Emily Ahn in an Analogous Scheme.
 And Aniket Chaudhry above used a Neutral Scheme,
 putting in so much coolness to find within his drawings and Zentangling.

David Song,
using an Analogous Scheme,
 gave me all his effort and superb craftsmanship.
I love how all his separated pieces connect in his drawing.
Reya Syed based her designs on a Harry Potter theme,
and I love how she designed everything to loosely float on a diagonal.
It creates so much movement.

Both Serena Lee and Eva Matentsiann used an Analogous Scheme with their blue and purples,
yet each looks so different.
Serena's is bold and striking,
while Eva's is soft and sophisticated.
Check out her use of Pointillism as well within her drawing.
Well done young ones.

3 comments:

  1. I've missed you guys ... welcome back to my breakfast table!

    Eileen, love the positive attitude, especially the "Smile More" air dancer encouraging the imaginer of tornadoes

    Emily, the birds along the bottom of your Forever Young are well and believably imagined

    Aniket, I love your use of heavy black forms ... and didn't catch sight of the cleverly camouflaged mime until I zoomed in

    David, I was very intrigued by the creature in the white space above Unstoppable

    Reya, this is a true paean to the Harry Potter series (in my day, it would have been The Lord of the Rings)

    Serena, you must have taken every minute of the time allotted to the final to create such a finely detailed and fully-worked page

    And Eva, I had to think for a moment about why this brought the Yellow Submarine to mind. Then I had it: Jeremy (the Nowhere Man) and the Blue Meanies! Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always bring out the best in all the children's pieces. Thank you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb - It is, quite literally, my pleasure

      Delete