Tuesday, April 17, 2018

MEET SAM

VALUE SCALES
ADVANCED 2-D ART
graphite on bristol board with collage paper frame

Senior Samantha Tun is the lone ranger in my Advanced 2-D class,
that's 3rd year drawing, painting and design.
For her 1st assignment she had 3 days to create a 15 step Value Scale
(not an easy task).
Using a cityscape is a great place to line up values next to each other,
but it was her collage frame that caught my eye. 
I really like how she combined the old Hymnal paper with the tye-dye pieces.
Note also how she splashed paint on the under black border to help the drawing pop.
A really fun piece to start the year off with.

1 comment:

  1. I realize the point of the exercise is the 15-step value scale, but I really enjoyed letting my eyes wander over the flowing purple contrasted by the regularity of print on the yellowed hymnal pag. And “amen!” to the paint-splashed border.

    ReplyDelete