Wednesday, February 28, 2018

TRACKS IN THE SNOW

Even after 4 winters with the small bit of snow we get,
 I still don't know who some of the animal tracks belong to at our cabin.

So this last weekend 
I went tracking and tried really hard to figure out which tracks belonged to whom.
I'm thinking that these sweet tracks above might belong to our family of racoons 
that live next door under our neighbor's cabin.


And I'm guessing that these cute little sharp looking tracks belong to the squirrels 
that traipse and climb all over our yard, roof and trees.

And these?
A much bigger animal,
perhaps Mia,
our neighbors dog,
or the many coyotes that pass thru,
or possibly a mountain lion??

And then there are my ginormous tracks,
my behind track where I slipped and fell on my backside and slid in the snow.
Ha ha 

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny ... we've only had snow twice in nine years. Instead, I look for (and find) tracks in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not the only one who enjoys tracking :)

      Delete
    2. I should add I've made a few tracks myself ... although I don't think I left any "evidence" of my epic fall into prickly pear cactus

      Delete