Thursday, November 17, 2011

My First Gallery Show

A little tardy getting these pix up from October 15, but oh well, better late then never, right?
Owner Jamie Kough has done a remarkable job with her new gallery space.  She has so many classes and activities for both adults and children, there is always something fun going on here.  It's called The Drawing Board and you can check out her website for a list of shows and activities at www.drawingboard.info 
Jamie has a real eye for display, and I was really pleased with how beautifully she hung my work.  Notice the roses in the foreground from my honey.  Jimmy encouraged me to do the show but unfortunately he wasn't able to attend because his band was playing a show in Vegas, but he sent roses to the gallery and they were there the night of the show when I walked in. :)
There were several other artists there with me but I've tried to crop the pix so you can see my pieces.  It was kind of a retrospective show for me.  I had work there all the way back from 1976.
I brought in clay, fiber, and mosaic pieces...
and made a couple of sales.  Oh yeah!
A few of my art quilts were made in workshops with famous quilter's such as Ricky Tims and Gwen Marston.
I had over 70 good friends, family, faculty, staff, alum and students that came to support me.  I was overwhelmed and felt so loved.  Thank you all for coming by.  You really made this night very special for me.  A special thank you to alumni Andy Hsieh and Rik Slayman for joining me.
And a very special thank you to my babies, Dan, Zach and Julie for dropping in with your significant others. 
And the best part is that Jamie has asked me to bring in more things for her next show.  Fill you in when I know more...

No comments:

Post a Comment