Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Rockits & Highlites at St. Martins Oktoberfest


Had way too much fun this last Friday night dancing and singing along to all my favorite songs with the boys and girls in the band. St. Martins was packed with both old and young with lots to do from the carnival rides and games to the food booths, silent auction and of course the reason I was there, Jimmy's band The Rockits. Above Jim and Dan (best friends and in this band together for the past 30 years) are clowning around, leaning all over each other, cuz they had to play 4 full sets from 7 till 11, and they were getting tired and it was a hot, humid evening!

I love the shot above cuz I was able to catch Jimmy blowing me a kiss. :)

And here is a rare shot of Jim actually singing (he doesn't usually sing only cuz he can never remember the words LOL) with 2 of the Highlites, Richie and his wife Donna, a Doo Wop group that drives in from Vegas to sing with the Rockits. Not sure when their next show is, but I'll keep you posted in case you want to join me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment