Friday, October 9, 2009

Ashley Morris - Student Artist


It only took her 2 years but she finally got this beauty done. Ashley, now a junior, started this piece for me 2 years ago for her final assignment in my Advanced 3-d art class. It was a new assignment and I totally misjudged how many days it would take to complete, so many of the kids didn't finish. So all last year I bugged Ashley to finish it on her own at home but she was just too busy with school and sports, so now that I have her back this year for 4th year 3-d art I made her finish it for her first assignment of the year, and it was totally worth the wait! Below is a close up. They were required to begin on a wood base and use at least 4 different media and build a bas relief work. Ashley used nails, paint, tissue collage, wire, glass shards, and Styrofoam. I have been working with Ashley since she was in 7th grade and she is an incredibly talented designer and craftswoman!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment