Friday, February 28, 2020

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Pinterest is an amazing way to meet and chat with artists all over the world.
Recently I had the pleasure of talking with an incredibly talented young watercolor artist in Russia 
by the name of Ekaterina Pytina.
I first saw a piece of hers on Pinterest called Eucalyptus
 and I was completely taken aback by her unique use of color and her asymmetrical compositions.
It was love a first site. 
So I put her name in my Google search engine and found her sight and I was off to the races.
I wrote to her telling her how much I admired her style and use of color 
and asked if Eucalyptus was sold.
Sadly it was but she had another marvelous piece called Denhamia
that had a similar feel to it.
Sold!
It took a good 3 weeks to arrive from Russia but was worth the wait.
And she had packaged it so professionally I almost didn't want to open it.
I'm so excited to share it with you here,
especially to sophomore Madison Plotkin and freshman Itzel Huerta,
ex students of mine who already possess this kind of potential.
One of these days I'd love to share it with you two in person.

I fell in love with watercolors in high school,
and have been playing and trying to master them ever since.
I'm currently enrolled in an online class with Danielle Donaldson,
an American favorite of mine.
I adore her work as well even though it's completely different then Ekaterinas.
One of these days I hope to find my own style.
So much to do,
so little time.
Hot-cha-cha cha

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the lead on Danielle Donaldson ... I'm going to send her Watercolor book to my granddaughter for her 16th birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the whimsy of Danielle's work, her animals and people are my favorites. And her book is terrific with so many great visuals. I'd love to see what your granddaughter creates with her watercolor.

      Delete
  2. When I first pulled up your blog and saw this watercolor post I was blown away! This watercolor work is absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's even better in person. Ekaterina has a remarkable style. I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as I do. Oh, by the way, who are you??

      Delete