Friday, December 13, 2019

TOO BEAUTIFUL NOT TO SHARE

Each year my pathetic little pomegranate tree
 which looks like it might expire at any time,
yields to my surprise,
 the most serious poms.
This year it produced six medium sized fruits
 and they all split open in one amazing form after another before I felt the outside skin was ready.
They are not as sweet as the ones I get in the store
but that's ok,
cuz I'm so delighted I was able to keep the little tree going.
After all,
 it was gifted to me by my son many Xmas' ago.
And didn't it photograph beautifully a top my husbands black mustang?
Its reflection is remarkable against the black shiny surface.
Makes my heart so happy to see nature in all it's glory.

4 comments:

  1. I love pomegranates! More for their beauty than for the fruit. How wonderful to have nursed your own little tree to produce such gorgeous fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too for their still life potential, especially in watercolor! They have never cracked open for me like this before, I'm thinking because we've had so much needed rain so early in the season. And they aren't as sweet either, I think the rain again is the culprit.

      Delete