Monday, December 16, 2019

LAST CHRISTMAS YOU GAVE ME YOUR HEART

Ok,
so I'm only a year tardy posting last Xmas' favorite pictures.
It's just how I roll these days.  
LOL
I thought I'd better take care of it soon as we are already into this next season's Xmas.
 Here we go.

We've got kitty Lily under my ex's tree on Xmas day while we opened presents above.

And my son Zach who brought about 5 different specialty beers to quiz us on at Xmas Eve
at my little home/studio. 
He is seen here reading off the correct answers.
My daughter Dani got the most correct guesses
(of course she did, she's a bar tender after all).
LOL

And here they are,
the glamorous couple of Danielle and Tristin,
  just starting their dog family.
This was when Granger was only about 4-5 months old.
I couldn't decide which pix I liked better so I posted both.

And my ex,
Inars,
with his pup Bogie who is now getting to be an old man,
Bogie that is
Ha!.
He's got to be about 12 years old at least.
Inars rescued him off a golf course,
thus Bogie  :).
This was when Grandger still liked Bogie,
see how he's giving him a kiss?
Now they just tolerate each other.
We are pretty sure Boogie is a Rat Terrier mix.

And I loved this shot I took of Inars.  
I think I will have it enlarged and give one to each of our children for this Xmas.
We had a frightening year with Inars' health this last April.
During my son's wedding in Hawaii he wasn't feeling right
 and when he got back to the mainland
his doctor had him go in for Open Heart Surgery. 
He had a double bypass.
So we are all so very thankful that he is completely at 100% again.  
It took 6 long grueling months of recovery and physical therapy
but he's feeling energized and oh so lucky.

And of course there are rarely any pictures of me cuz I'm usually the one doing the photographs,
so I couldn't find one from Xmas Day or Eve,
but I love this one in my classroom of senior Jimena Alvarez and I.
She was an outstanding crafts student last year.

Have I mentioned lately how much I miss my classroom,
and how utterly thrashed and disorganized it's become since I retired?

How supplies are being wasted and damaged and not brought back to the classroom.
And just how filthy the classroom has become.

This all just hurts my heart so badly.

Some little birdies and their parents have sent me several e-mails and pix
 because they are appalled how much it's gone downhill in so many ways since I left.

What really saddens me is that I was not allowed to participate in the interview process
like I was promised several times  for many years now.
That I'd be able to pass on my program that took me years and thousands of dollars to build.
There were actually a couple of ex-Whitney art students waiting in the wings for me to retire 
because they wanted to carry on my legacy.
Now it's all gone down the drain.

I haven't been able to share and talk about this with all of you till now.
It just hurt too much.
There is so much more I could say but I think this is enough and you get the idea
of how truly heartbroken I am.

So much for this tangent I went off on.
Back to happier things.

 Wanting to end on a much more positive note 
 here are my husband Jim's grands playing their cigar box guitars Jim made for them.
Notice the "M" on top of Mackenzie's?
They loved them!
Both are growing up so very quickly with J.V. entering his teens.

Much love to all my blog friends this Holiday Season.
Thank you for your constant support and your lovely comments.
xoxooxoxoxo
Happy Holidays!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the holidays are so much about looking back, being grateful ... and then gathering ourselves for the new year ... full of hope

    there is so much beauty in these pictures ... so much hope made real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Liz, it was really fun to go back and look at these again!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful family photos, yes to all.
    And, were, so surprising to read of
    The chaos. I hope something can be done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Grace, unless the parents rise up and complain, there is nothing that can be done. it's just such a shame to see a program that was once one of the best in the state go down the tubes.

      Delete