Thursday, December 5, 2019

A RECORD STORM

Almost 17 inches.
Thanks to our neighbors I have some fun pix to post.

A winter wonderland at out friend Chris' house
and a peek outside his kitchen window.

Our sweet jeep as the snow is beginning to melt.
We can really see the huge branch that fell on it.
Also notice that some little tracks where perhaps a squirrel is jumping from the branch to the roof.
Jim braved the rain yesterday and drove up to survey the damage.
It took him 5 times to get up our little hill and into our driveway
(glad I wasn't there to try that with him).
And the branch was too big and heavy for him to pull off jeep so he had to saw it off in pieces
to be able to even get to the porch to enter cabin.
Thank goodness the jeep was not damaged.
The electric was out for 5 days, 
so he had to throw out most of the food,
and I guess the yard is one big mess.
I'll go up this weekend to survey the yard work I have ahead of me,
and do a bit of stitching
while pup Sophie plays in the snow.

First big snow for this gentle giant.

6 comments:

  1. never have I ever experienced 17" of snow ... so glad your jeep and cabin survived it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither ha ha And my boots are in the cabin so no idea what I'll wear to get from car to porch. :(

      Delete
  2. Oh my! Beautiful, but getting up the hill must have been a little scary...and frustrating. Thank goodness for husbands who take care of the major chores like the limb and getting rid of spoiled food! Hope the cabin was warm and cozy by the time you got there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right about the husband thing, ha ha! They always seem to get stuck with the more brutal and scary jobs. It's good for their egos though. Makes them feel like manly men. My husband thinks he's Rambo Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. as always, I am blown away by the amazing weather and nature your (part of the) country has to offer, it seems larger-than-life; I do like those bears, they look at home there;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we go from the crazy Santa Ana Winds into that bring us Fire season, then to devastating rains that fell the trees. We just got home to night from cabin and it looked like a war zone in every persons yard. It was terrible. So many huge beautiful pines fallen over or cracked or split in half. I've never seen anything like it. Made me so sad. Those poor trees have hung on thru so much bad weather and droughts. Hope all is well on your side of the world. Thank you for your note! xoxox

      Delete