Saturday, February 23, 2019

THE FINISH LINE

After using this demo for the teaching of the Liberated Quiltmaking unit
to my 2nd year Intermediate 3-D girls,
I actually finished it.
YES!!
A rare occurrence for me as you probably know by now.
This year's class wanted to learn a Ricky Tim's liberated heart.
I had seen Ricky's heart in a national quilt magazine in the late 1990's,
and played with the design several times in the past.
In the early 2000's I actually took 2 courses with him,
both at the Road to California Quilt Show,
and found him to be a self-taught quilting genius
and so much fun to learn from.
In the second class he was selling his colorful tye-dyed fabrics,
so I bought several pieces and taught his heart pattern to my quilting group.
I showed these to my youngsters and they wanted to try it as well.
This year I have 2 groups of Intermediate 3-D kids,
and the 2nd group wanted to learn Gwen Marston's Liberated Houses and Trees.
In the process I also taught both groups Strip Pieced Borders, 
Hand Turned Applique,
Machine & Hand Quilting,
and Hand Tyed Quilting Knots.
I can't wait to show you their results.
They are all so very different.
As always I dedicate these quilts to my current group of seniors who I adore!

It's crazy,
I have at least 10 or more of these demos,
(each year a completely different design),
that I haven't finished.
My to-do list when I retire is getting bigger and bigger.
Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment