Tuesday, February 5, 2019

ALL BOXED IN

 MOSAIC TILE BOXES
INTERMEDIATE 3-D ART
glass shards, wood boxes, polymer clay, gold, silver & copper leaf, 
acrylic paints, misc. beads & buttons, tacky glue

 I'm always so very proud to show off this complex and challenging assignment.
Senior Rachel Kannampuzha last year gave it a whole other spin.
To see what I'm talking about put Mosaic Boxes in the search engine and see.
There is only Rachel's box here because she was the lone ranger in this 2nd year 3-D class.

I asked her to work to a theme,
and I liked the one she picked about how sometimes life gives you lemons.
I remember growing up in the 60's & 70's and hearing that expression a lot from the adults in my life.   ha!
So early on I learned to always have a Plan "B".
Just ask my students,
when something goes wrong with one of their art pieces I always look on the bright side.
I tell them this is a great opportunity to do something even cooler with their piece 
to make it even more original that ends up fixing the mistake.
Look closely at the pix below and you will see how Rachel incorporated 
gold, silver and copper leaf a top her marbleized polymer tiles.
So well crafted and designed!

No comments:

Post a Comment