Sunday, November 18, 2018

WHAT'S YOUR DREAM?

DREAMCATCHERS - PART II
BEGINNING 3-D ART
hoops, handspun/hand dyed yarns, other types of yarn, embellishments

Students,
please forgive me for possibly not listing all your names correctly,
I left my notes at school and am now on Thanksgiving break.
I will be sure to correct them if needed when I return.  
However,
there are a couple of works that I'm pretty sure I remember who made them, 
so I will give it a try.

Like this first one.
I'm almost positive it was made by senior Hana Kim.
I felt this design was so heavenly,
it reminded me of angel's wings.
So delicate!

Senior Inna Sikar made this very unique piece,
We were all really impressed with how she built out her trees,
and used her yarn as a body of water.
Super cool Inna!

I want to guess that 8th grader Viviana Cruz made this beauty above.
The kids had the choice between warping in a circular fashion that's so popular right now,
or warping traditionally on the vertical.
They also were required to research contemporary Circular Weavings on Pinterest.
I feel that's why we had so many varied results which I loved!

I'm pretty sure this lovely off centered Monchromatic work 
was done by 8th grader Yusuf Karan.

And I'm so sorry I have no idea who belongs to this very beautiful design.
If I had to guess it would be senior Runa Li cuz that's how she rolled.
Hi Runa!!!

But I'm sure about this one.
It was done by 8th grader Emma Bertel.
So impressed with the extra effort she put into doing three pieces,
and then bringing them together into one.

5 comments:

  1. the unknown one...looks like an ultrasound...there's a being in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with the speculative names ... nothing speculative about how much fun these all are to look at though!

    Hana's warm blue are "heavenly" ... as angel wings should surely be

    Inna's waterfall is cunningly wrought

    Viviana's vertical warp showcases the "ins" and "outs" of varying woofs

    Yusuf's incircling weave reminds me of the fine soil pits dug by Texas antlions that lie in wait at the bottom for unsuspecting prey

    Runa's hanger and dangles play well with the finely woven center of her fan

    And kudos to Emma for her trifecta with its subtle pops of complementary color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could hire you to write my posts ha ha You always bring out the best and put a spotlight on it.

      Delete
    2. For me, writing is easy given the incredible content your students provide!

      Delete