Tuesday, November 6, 2018

INSPIRED BY...

Ceramic artist Lana Wilson,
the 8th and 9th graders at Raintree Montessori in Lawrence, Kansas,
taught by Cindy Sears have knocked these slab pieces out of the park!
I believe these were done in her 3-D Art class there 
where they were also doing other art & craft forms as well.
This is the second time I've posted the work of these students.
I cannot begin to tell you how very impressed I am by their craftsmanship and design skills.
Ms. Sears must have really had them do their research into symbols
(very important in Lana's work),
as well as lots of designing before the clay came out of the bags.
Lana lives in Delmar, Ca. and I have actually seen her work in person many years ago 
when I visited a Solana Beach Art Gallery called Trios.
I don't know if she still exhibits there,
but I did explore her website and learned a few of her secrets that she shares.
Fascinating work!
Enjoy Ms. Sears' students works.
Many are even interactive!

Sydney Alexander
Floreno para el Jardin


Michael Campbell
Skater's Stoneware Cabinet


Courtney Goodlet
Miracle Box


Jason Zhou
Pagoda


Tammy Liu
Wings




Emmi Murao
Cats Temple



2 comments: