Saturday, December 12, 2015

WILD - Part II

ECO-DYED BANNERS
BEGINNING 3-D ART

The opening of the banners was a joyful event for everyone except one,
English teacher Delaina Park hee hee
If you remember from a previous post,
Ms. Park is taking the class during her conference period.
This is her second class she's taken from me.
And in both she has been an A+ student,
actually raising the bar for the kids 
as I've heard them mumbling   LOL
They all adore her because she takes the time to go around the room 
and exclaim over every student's creations,
making them feel wonderful.
And they also love that she is so funny and squeamish.
She donned gloves for the event.
I believe she saw a tiny little bug crawling thru her bundle 
and came completely unglued  LOL
It was so funny I had to grab my camera.
Thank you Deliana for being such a good sport here.
xoxoxox

Oh my,
look at these results!!
Remarkable colors,
so very rich in organic design.


Now here they are 
heat set 
then washed, 
then heat set again.
The long pieces of silk take the dyes better than the cottons.
And without the mordanting,
the cottons won't hold the color at at.

We will see these beauties again in Part III 
as the students begin to sew their banners together.
The reds and yellows came from recycled tye-dye strings from a previous unit
that I saved to wrap their bundles with.


9 comments:

  1. Oh the joy of unwrapping, when colors are wet and clear and as bright as they will ever be ... like shells picked up at the edge of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish they could retain that wet look!

      Delete
    2. I know, I wish they could retain that wet look!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! You got some great prints. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, the kids were so thrilled with the results.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lori, the kids were so thrilled with the results.

      Delete
  3. Ms park is awesome!! I miss you both :)
    -kaili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? She is amazing, I'm so proud of her!!

      Delete
    2. Right??? She is amazing, I'm so proud of her!!

      Delete