Saturday, March 8, 2014

Getting Back in the Groove

I never really stopped spinning once I learned how over 30 years ago, but I did give up weaving on my beautiful Gilmore four harness floor loom exactly 19 years ago, when I daughter was born. 
Being a working mom with two small children, I instead took to portable arts/crafts projects to fill that void.  
But now that my kids only need me occasionally, I've got lots of free time to start weaving again.
So last weekend I pulled my loom away from the wall and cleaned off all the dust bunnies, and am looking forward to warping it with my handspun art yarns, and that great new Saori philosophy
Woo Hoo!   

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful loom. Glad you're getting your weaving and spinning mojo back on. Can't wait to see some of your Saori projects. BTW, just took delivery of a new motorized drum carder and I've been making some very cool batts.

    ReplyDelete