Wednesday, February 8, 2023

A DRIVE BY

February is usually the time of year that I take a drive by our home in Yorba Linda
where my ex and I raised our children from ages 4 and 9 thru collage.
I go at that time to see if my daffodils are up.
And they never disappoint.

I go there for many other reasons too and sometimes I get a little weepy,
especially when I see the kids bedroom windows.

There have been 2 other owners since we were there,
 and they've kept almost all the plantings I put in,
including my big beautiful Camilla bushes that are also in bloom now.
They have added solar panels,
 and when I happen to drive by at night,
not often,
don't want you to think I'm a stalker LOL,
 they have also changed out the paint colors that I so carefully picked out
inside the house.
Besides the daffs,
 both orange trees, a lime and lemon tree and a grapefruit are all in full fruit.
I want to knock on the door 
and ask if I can pick some fruit but I'm too big a chicken.

But I still love that home so much,
so many wonderful memories of my babies growing up.

2 comments:

  1. we live half a continent away from where we raised our girls ... so I stalk the houses on Google maps and real estate sites (which show interior views when the houses go on sale) ... so yeah, it's bittersweet seeing both the changes and what remains intact

    ReplyDelete