Sunday, September 26, 2021

TRYING TO COVER UP SOME STAINS

I thrifted this adorable child's top that had been stained in a few places.
So first I tried to Eco-dye it with leaves and flowers from garden.
It was a big fail.
Next I stitched a few Shibori designs into it that I had seen on Glennis Dolce's site,
and dipped into my indigo vat.
Better but still not perfect.
Not sure where I'll go next with this,
but I'm thinking to embroider around the designs to take one's eye off the stains.
Or just maybe put it aside for a couple of years.
I might be over it.

4 comments:

  1. I have a tub of E's baby clothes that have been deconstructed in order to make a coverlet for her ... maybe this sweet thing is wanting to be a part of something new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Liz!!! I love that. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. P.S. I love how the woven lines in the cloth echo the stitched lines in the shibori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I didn't even notice that until you brought it to my attention. So noticeable in the super close-up.

      Delete