Monday, March 25, 2019

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

SHAPES OF SHADOWS PORTRAITS
INTERMEDIATE 2-D ART

To answer a question I was asked recently by several Art Teachers across the nation,
"How do you run your class and set it up so you can teach 3 classes during one period?".
I split up the Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced students 
into separate sections of my classroom.
For the past several years I've been doing this Intermediate assignment 
in the back side corner of my room
where I can turn off a section of the overhead lights like you see in these 2 pix
The other 2 groups are put into the front of the room where they still have lights to work by.
But this year I actually used a long extension cord and put my Intermediates 
with this single light source into the Art Lounge,
a separate room unto itself which is connected to the main art room.
It worked out perfectly 
and I was able to keep all the lights on in the main room for the other 2 groups.
Wish I had taken a picture for this post.
Senior Ylia Madag was our model last year,
and below was senior Mary Kim's portrait of her.
To see them all go to this link that I posted earlier in the year.
Keep sending me your questions and I will try my best to answer them.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, now I see how you fit in so many classes ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete