Thursday, March 21, 2019

ALUMNI ART

Sorry I've been away for so long,
my family and I flew to the big island of Hawaii for my son's wedding,
so I took a couple of weeks off my blogging to enjoy all the festivities.
But I will try to be more present from now on.

I really wanted to show off this monumental painting by 2018 Alum,
Sarah Oh.
I believe this was her first time working this large.
I also believe it is her 2nd or 3rd self-portrait that she has painted of herself.
And I'm guessing it is oil.
Sarah,
could you please fill us in more thru the comment section on this work,
and what was required of you. 
In every work that Sarah has ever done for me (whether in clay or drawing/painting)
 she managed to bring in her love of animals or fish.
I believe it will be known as her signature style when she becomes famous,
as I know she will be one day.
Once again,
thank you for sharing yourself with us here Sarah!

4 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee, in every Way eeee can be, from huge exhilaration to a soft reverence...the whole thing...
    to see this. To know that i am woven in to the beginning of an ARTISt, my pinch pot that is a closest possession of my heart
    to see this portrait here...Sarah Oh.
    Sarah Oh.
    Yes.!!!! to feel connected to this kind of beginning....it's everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sarah will see your comment Grace and feel so close to you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ms. Sposa!! Yes! It is done in oil! The teacher asked us to make a self-portrait of ourselves using a figure along with symbols that help to represent us. Thank you so much for the nice comment, Grace, I'm so glad that you still keep the pinch pot close to you!!!! :) <3 it makes me so happy to always see the nice comments you leave behind on my pieces :,^) thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again Sarah for the clarification on your piece. The current art students love it and have commented to me about it.

      Delete