Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Clay Artist Alum - Bill Sevedge

Class of 1985 alum, Bill Sevedge, recently came by for a visit before our Xmas break and ended up with his hands in the clay bucket :) He stayed long enough to make several goreous pieces along with building this beautiful blogsite for me and then teaching me how to use it (http://www.edgegraphix.net/) I want to showcase this piece because I wanted my current students to see a creative solution to a major oops during the firing process. But also to see how to mix other media with their finished clay pieces which is an assignment that is coming up for them next month. During the glaze firing a crack opened up in the upper left corner where the seams came together. There is no repair that could fix this without being noticeable. In the next post you will see Bill's final result and his solution to this dilemma.


No comments:

Post a Comment