Thursday, April 28, 2011

Green Scene 2011


Two weekends ago my son Zach and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Fullerton Arboretum for it's crazy, wonderful plant sale. There were plants from all over the world, a lot of exotics that you can't find at our local nurseries, so Zach and I were in hog heaven. There was also an amazing selection of fruit trees and vegetables.

But it was the flowers that really caught my eye, as well as the community gardens.

For my Mother's Day gift, Zach bought me two gorgeous bearded iris starts; a yellow and white flower, and a spotted purple variety. And then the grower threw in another for free, a beautiful rich, dark purple one. So when we got home we planted and potted our hearts out. We also picked up a black raspberry vine. Our boysenberry vine that we bought last year is in bloom and beginning to form it's fruits. Pix to come later in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment