Tuesday, June 9, 2020

TAH DAH....FINALLY FINISHED!

Yes, I'm still here,
just so distracted these days.
I so hope you are still with me.

I feel I may have posted this piece before,
but I just finally blocked it.
Now it's at Michaels being framed for an ungodly amount.
Next one,
yes there is another in the works,
I will frame myself and not make it so large.

 This was made with hand dyed rovings from several different sources,
plus a few of my own.
Spun and plied mostly up at the cabin over several winters,
I had intended to give to my son and his wife last year for their wedding present.
But that didn't happen  LOL,
instead they needed a new refrigerator and so much more
 that I was delighted to give them to put off finishing this.
HA!
 So the other day cleaning out my UFO's,
I ran into it and decided to finally finish it;
trying to make good on one of my New Years Resolutions.
My spinning leaves a lot to be desired,
with many different weights going on in each skein,
thus the lumpy bumpy look of the uneven edges. 
But I really did enjoy this project,
being able to bring all these fractured skeins together
in a pleasing way.
Know that I was inspired by the work of French Textile Artist Murel
of  Clothogancho fame.
Here I am under one of the most gorgeous textiles I've ever seen or touched,
a piece I bought from Muriel a few years ago.
She dyes all her own yarns,
and if you've never checked out her website I recommend a look-see.
What I noticed straight away when I compare these last two photos is that lighting really matters.
Bright lighting above in my cabin studio,
but below is the finished piece drying after I blocked it under softer bedroom light.
The piece in real life is somewhere in between the two photos.
But at least it's flat now.
My husband loves it so much that he wants it for a prominent wall in our home.
We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I love that it holds time and memory, and the touch of your hands ... and the color difference in the two photos, with neither being quite right, is the story of my blog life ... ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...even when I use the color corrector it just never seems the same so I know what you mean Liz. very thankful you haven't given up on me and the blog. xox

      Delete
  2. i don't know how many times i began such a thing back in my 20's and 30's
    never continued
    i look at this and am filled again with the UrGE....there is such
    JOY. Just such JOY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved working on it, and it did bring such joy whenever I pulled it out to piece it together.

      Delete