Tuesday, June 23, 2020

IN PLACE

During Covid,
  I posted about an Online Workshop I'm taking with Textile/Dye Artist 
I've really enjoyed the daily exercises
 and if you are still interested know that the class is still open and going on.
One of my favorite projects was making this pincushion that India calls a Biscornu.
We were encouraged to use an endless variety of fabrics.
I chose to take apart a favorite family quilt of ours that had worn out years ago 
from so much laundering.
I did a few small repairs on some of the holes 
and used a special dyed embroidery floss from Fiber Artist Deb Lacativa
to sew the front and back pieces together with.
Sadly it didn't photograph well and isn't very noticeable.
Sorry Deb!
I'm pretty sure this antique button was a gift from another Textile Artist 
and the button on the backside was a small ceramic mouse that I've had for years,
waiting for the perfect spot to use it.
My son's beautiful wife Nicole is being taught to quilt and use a sewing machine 
by her dear mother Mary.
When I was there last I didn't notice a pincushion so I gifted her this one recently.
By the way,
those of you who have been keeping in touch about Nicole's mother and her cancer treatments,
she is currently in remission,
her 4th one.
Mary is my hero!!

No comments:

Post a Comment