Thursday, March 12, 2020

A RETURN TO MY STUDENTS

So, ok, it's March and I need to get busy on another of my resolutions,
and the reason I started this blog,
to feature the art works of my students.

I start with sophomore Madison Plotkin.
Even though I've retired she has kept in touch with what she is learning and making
at her after school art program called Ryman Arts in Fullerton.
Madison was so artistically gifted in the 7th and 8th grade when I worked with her 
that I recommended her to this program at the end of her 8th grade year. 
She is currently in her 3rd Semester there and learning all about Acrylics.
But before that she was focusing on watercolor,
one of her favorite mediums in the 8th grade.
She recently sent these examples of some of her watercolor work,
and I wanted to share them with all of you.
She told me this is her last semester there
and is looking to move on to a summer program to further her skills.
Can't wait to see what this very gifted young one will do next.

I'm thrilled that Madison and her parents are looking
to further her studies in Art outside of her high school.
Our top art colleges in the nation have become extremely competitive,
 so these days the kids need to do everything they can to get additional instruction 
from a variety of exceptional teachers and programs in the Art community.
Sadly this is a very costly venture for the parents 
because many of these programs are expensive.

Good Luck Madison!
We are cheering you on.

No comments:

Post a Comment