Thursday, September 14, 2017

THE BIG REVEAL

SILVER SOLDER
SPECIAL STUDIES 3-D ART
handcut glass shards, silver solder, flux, soldering iron & tons of patience
  
I made you wait a little longer than I'd intended...
to see the end result of Shreya Sheth's Silver Soldered Lantern.
So without further ado here it is.

An engineering marvel,
one of the most difficult techniques to master.
Pulled off like no other solder piece ever created here.
You are unbelievable Shreya.
So very talented.
Kudos to you dear girl.

I want to take this chance Shreya,
 to wish you the best
 at Chapman University in Orange , Ca.
studying the History of Art.
I have complete confidence that you will be a Superstar there
like you were here in the Whitney Art Department.
One day you will send me an email telling me you are putting up a Van Gogh show
at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Or repair and restoring a Degas sculpture.
What do they say?
The world is your oyster!

No comments:

Post a Comment