Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weavings of Jen Mullen


Whimsical and fun, this is how I want my students to know weaving, and this is what Jen Mullen of Bayou Quilts explores on a daily basis.

Look youngsters at how she sets up her foundation, wandering here and there and then filling in later.  This is how I learned to weave in my Crafts Class at Sunny Hills High in Fullerton, Ca. in 1973 with  my instructor Rose Ann Johnson.  


Jen is also exploring the possiblities of burlap as warp below.
What a great idea!




And Jen calls this Nature Crafting, going outside to see what nature has to offer.  Love how she has thought to bring her weaving into these very simple natural objects.

For more on Jen and her art, please see my Featured Artist of the Month across the top of my Home Page.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks, Deb. I'm so honored (and surprised) to be included in your Featured Artist of the Month!

    ReplyDelete