Sunday, April 9, 2023

67, A REVOLTING DEVELOPMENT

Yep,
Flowers from my son's garden, tulip, camellias,  geraniums, lavender, daisies, and roses

another year older,
bahhhh!
A close up of that gorgeous tulip as it opened up
.
I'd love to go back to 54,
before I lost control of my body weight,
before aches and pains,
failing eye sight,
hearing loss,
and the ridiculous amounts of short term memory issues.
Before the clumsiness and falling started because of lack of balance.
It's so true what they say,
"Getting older is a bitch!"
The beautiful sunset the night of my birthday as my step-daughter Julie took me out to dinner 
with her dad and boys

But in those 13 years between 54 and 67 I've learned so much,
gotten smarter shall we say,
 about people, politics, the world and my own children,
even my ex.
And I've experienced so much joy and happiness,
travel adventures,
and laughter and giggles with my new partner in crime,
my husband Jim.
The music he brought into my life thru his band was so very healing.
If you go back in time to my blog posts starting in 2009 - 2010 ish
you can see our happiness shining thru.
Just scroll down,
way down on the left side of the blog under Labels,
and click on The Rockits and the Highlites. 
I actually got to dance with my husband!
Another thing they say
"There is nothing better then a man who can dance!"
Boy oh boy, is that the truth.
Hee hee.

But more importantly,
I've found out I have more strength 
then I thought I did for all the bumps that come as we age.

Like getting my ex and husband thru health issues,
as well as Jim's recent accident and recuperation. 
I'm so thankful I didn't loose either of them.
Jim with grandson Anthony on birthday night

I mean,
how can you resist that dear, sweet face!
LOLOL

Just a tiny sampling of the times we've had together.
Main Street in Yorba Linda 2011

Java Joes 2010  Yorba Linda  Halloween Eve 

Cypress Community Center Summer 2012 Music in the Park

My beautiful Music Man.

2 comments:

  1. I had to do the math, but yeah ... I'm right behind you, coming up on 67 in June ... there was a time I thought menopause and cataract surgery would be liberating, but I didn't realize all the other "stuff" that went along with them ... and yet, our last 13 years have also been magical, pulling up roots and moving to Texas ... so here's to being where we are now and making the most of it all ... happy birthday season! (and wow, those looking back pictures are amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the other stuff that comes after menopause, who knew? I love your word "magical" cuz that's how I felt when I met Jim. He brought so much positive energy and fun into my life. And he is my greatest supporter and encourager to not be so scared of life, to be brave and bold. So yes Liz, to where we are now!

      Delete