Sunday, March 6, 2022

SNEAK PEEK ALONG WITH AN UNPLANNED HAPPY COINCIDENCE

Temperature Blanket yarns have all arrived and been caked up.  
Now to get caught up for 2 1/2 months on Temperature Blanket.
You are looking at the month of Dec. 2021 where I wanted to start this blanket.
The city temperature is based at our cabin in Crestline, Ca.,
and taken at 12 p.m. noon everyday.
This is usually the highest temp during the daytime hours there.
The first of Dec. was a bit on the warmer side (low 80's) 
seen in the light cream on very edge ,
and then dropped a bit (high 70's) to the yellow (Chickie Masla).
 By 3rd of Dec. the temps quickly dropped down into the 60's and a few 50's,
with several days in-between in the 70's.
Needless to say a fairly warm December.
The Peace Fleece Yarn has a bit of a stiff hand
 so I upped the size of the crochet hook from an "H" that was recommended to a "J".
It's helped a bit but still a little denser feeling then I was hoping for.
The yarn is supposed to soften a bit after a gentle warm bath at the end.
I was also told by yarn store owner at Buku Yarns in LaVerne, Ca.
to add lots of extra lanolin in the rinse for softness.
But I'm so enjoying the tweed -like color changes and textures in all the yarns.
Plus the size "J" hook gives it a bit of an open lacy vibe.

Working on 2 separate projects right now.
The pair of socks for Jim (just turned the heel on first one)
and this blanket where I'm averaging about 6 rows of crochet a nite.

The happy coincidence happened after the first several nights of crocheting.
After finishing up one night I left the blanket on the couch 
and the next morning realized that the colors I picked to work with 
are almost identical to the colors in the painting above the couch.
Crazy, right?
My husband and I were so surprised because it was totally unplanned.
So now we know where it will end up when finished. 
Right now it's helping to keep the chill off in the evenings while working on it.

Our pup is enjoying it too!

What a life, huh?
LOL

If you are wondering about the painting,
it is an original oil that Jim purchased before I knew him,
one of his favorite pieces in the house.
It's such a stunning piece and I so admire the artist's loose style.
I guess I'm been looking and crafting under it for a good 10 years now.
Guessing the colors have penetrated my sub-conscious.
You are seeing only 7 of the 12 colors chosen.
Looking forward to incorporating the rest when the weather calls for them.
So far a super fun and exciting project
that's totally controlled by the weather.

2 comments:

  1. love the painting connection ... and a color-coordinated pup to boot ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had no idea when I was choosing the yarns. A happy coincidence!

      Delete