Thursday, January 14, 2021

AN UNUSUAL SURPRISE

A few months ago my children and I went on a cacti and succulent buying mission
to a grower in the Sunland-Tujunga area of the San Fernando Valley 
by the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.
An adventure just finding the place!
There was so much to choose from and this succulent was chosen by my daughter.
When she made the purchase it wasn't in bloom,
but this is what happened about a month after bringing it to her home.
The most remarkable flower I've ever seen on a plant.
We were all in shock over how very unusual it was.
It lasted a good week and then it disappeared.
It almost looked like it was made from a plastic material.  
I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first.
I thought 
"No way!"
But it was real.
Can't wait to see more of these in the future.
Her brother bought two other varieties and are growing a couple more from seedlings.
But so far no blooms on any of these.
But we are very patient people.
I believe these come in as many as 23 varieties.  

4 comments:

  1. that looks absolutely un-real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought my daughter had put a fake flower in the pot.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I wouldn't believe that was a living bloom, either! Looks almost like a piece of candy. :)

    ReplyDelete