Monday, November 11, 2019

SNEAK PEEK

The yoke is almost done as I head into week 2 of the online Cardi workshop.
Love, love, love working on size 17 needles and using extra bulky handspun yarns.
They are yummy!
Plus it goes so very fast.
With this last black/grey/purple yarn I'm working with 
tiny little daises have been handstitched on after it was spun,
and it's so fun to see them pop up here and there. 
I'm an English knitter but in this workshop I'm also trying to learn the European Continental style.
Another global skill which means it''s very difficult and requires much practice.
But hey,
I'm retired and have got the rest of my life.
:)

4 comments:

  1. I just read that November 13th has been declared Cardigan Day (think Mr Rogers) as a way to observe World Kindness Day ...

    And the yarns are working so very well together ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement has some delicious benefits like having time to learn a new and difficult style of knitting. This piece has wonderful texture--a pleasure to fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because the yarns are so bulky, it's knitting up very quickly which is so nice. Oh yeah!!!! :)

      Delete