Saturday, November 2, 2019

KALEIDOSCOPE CARDI

So this is the cardigan I'm going to attempt to finish before Xmas
for a gift.
I'm enrolled in a knit-a-long online class that I mentioned the other day out of Ojai, Ca.,
 at a new crafts shop called Cattywampus Crafts.
I never made it up there last Monday because I'd forgotten I had a previous important doctor appt.,
so I'm going to try to make it this coming Monday. 
The owners just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan and brought back many lovely things
both textile related as well as ceramic.
So excited to browse.
Something about some silk kimono bracelets, and hand dyed stitching threads.
Never have enough of either, right?
Ha!!
And yarn, lots and lots of yarn!
Whoo Hoo

Here are a few pix of the yarns I will be using in my cardi.
These are the base or foundation yarns.
Most are handspun by either myself or my spinning mentor Lori Lawson of Capistrano Fiber Arts.
And 4 of them came from the Amy who runs Knit Collage thru Caddywampus,
the gal who is doing the workshop.
And two of them are silk strips.

But I felt as if I needed a bit more pop to my color scheme,
so I added the red/orange at top (Manos de Uruguay),
and the stark black from Amy on far left.

Rolled most of the balls last night and checked my gauge.  
Of course it's off no matter what needle size I used.
15's were too small and 17's too big.
I've not seen size 16's before.
So I will knit tighter with the 17's, 
they felt better with all that chunky handspun.

I'll finish up the winding tonight and hopefully start knitting  before bed.
Nite.

1 comment:

  1. these are so luscious they (almost) make me want to knit ;)

    ReplyDelete