Thursday, June 6, 2013

Congrats Top Art Award Winner - RITA LABIB

Last night was our Annual Senior Awards Banquet Nite where the seniors receive recognition, scholarships, and awards for all their hard work over the past 6 years here at Whitney High.  

I had many outstanding art students this year, a lot, but the top most award was presented to Rita Labib.  I have been blessed to have worked with Rita for the past 3 years as both her Ceramic and 3-D instructor;  altogether 5 different classes.  Over the years I have posted many of her remarkable works, so I thought I'd treat you to a few from all 5 of those classes.  Enjoy Rita and her work, for she is a gifted young woman.

Ceramics II
Pinch/Paddle Pot
clay/metal


Advanced 3-D Art
Stitchpaper Quilt
fabric collage/machine stitching/metal/batting

Intermediate 3-D Art
Felt Journal
Handmade Felt/Leather/Beads/Paper/Machine and Hand Stitching

Intermediate 3-D
Mixed Metal Jewelry 
metals/patinas

Intermediate 3-D
Liberated Quilt
recycled cotton fabrics/cotton batting/machine and hand stitching

Beginning 3-D
Figurative Wood Sculpture
mixed media

Advanced 3-D Art
Organic Twig Sculpture
wood/metal

Ceramics I
Burnished Pueblo Pot
clay/metal

Beginning 3-D Art
Mask
clay/metal/oxide

Ceramics I
Coil Pot
clay/glaze/oxide

Ceramics II
 Asymmetrical Slab Sculpture
clay/glaze/oxide

Ceramics II
Extra Credit Pot
clay/glaze/glass

Ceramics I
Whimsical Handbuilt Teapot
clay/glaze

Ceramics II
Figurative Coil Sculpture
clay

Thank you Rita for a wonderful 3 years together.  You will always be i my heart and on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment