Tuesday, May 9, 2023

PAST DUE

I've been meaning to post some of my dear friends knitwear for ages now,
but if you follow this blog
 you know I've not been present a whole lot lately. 
So many wonderful distractions that I can't wait to post 
now that I have permission.
Hee hee!

In the meantime, 
Whitney High Science Teacher Aileen Perry
has been joining me for almost 4 years now this June or July,
coming faithfully every Tuesday night learning so many of the fiber arts.
But the one she enjoys the most is knitting.
She has now reached the point that she can take on any pattern and figure it out.
With circulars, double pointed or just plain old knitting needles.
She has made so many delightful gifts for family, friends and co-workers.
The list is long.
Here are a few recent ones.
The gorgeous pair of socks above, and the spectacular lap blanket below.

I'm so proud and thrilled for her.
She has even gotten to the point where she can modify the pattern
 as she did in this blanket
 to add even more pattern changes and interest then it called for.

On her recent trip to Alamitos Bay Yarn Co. in Long Beach Ca.,
she shot me a pix of her latest purchase from Red Fish Dye Works.
This is a company that dyes their own yarns
 and their colors are so rich and beautiful.
I wonder what she will create next?
Stay turned!

4 comments:

  1. You are the BEST teacher. I love our Knit Nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Aileen. I know teachers aren't supposed to have favorites but you are one of mine!. Love you xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. love how those socks would go with absolutely everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Liz, and they are so yummy in person. So soft. And the colors are really beautiful.

      Delete