Friday, October 9, 2020

PUMPKIN LOVE - part one

I love the changing of the seasons from summer to fall,
it's my absolute favorite time of year.
And I notice it as soon as I don't feel that intense summer sun's blistering heat on my shoulders
while I'm watering up at the cabin.
For me it's such a big sigh of relief.
And this year was no exception,
we had some major heat waves here in the California Southland 
along with all the crazy fires. 

This year my son Zach and his gorgeous bride are in their new home in the valley.
They gutted their grass in the backyard and planted a veggie garden.
Because we had amended the soil with lots of goodies like chicken and steer manure,
the plants took on a life of their own as you can plainly see all around them.
It was like veggies on steroids.
Ha ha
And the kids have a fairly large size yard
 because that's how they used to space houses in the 1950's and 60's
in the San Fernando Valley.
The pumpkin vines grew from one side all the way to the other side of the backyard.  
I had pix to share but 2 weeks ago I lost my phone and all my pictures and contacts.
So sadly I'm starting over again.
And no,
I didn't know I could save them to my cloud.
I just automatically thought they were up there.
I still have so much to learn.
😕

But the great news is I don't need to go out and buy pumpkins this year.  
My son is my pumpkin patch.
Their largest one is in the photo above with them and it's still growing.
I'm thinking the County Fair.
This next one above is my personal favorite.
It puts a big smile on everyone's face.
The kids let my daughter Dani and myself take home as many as we wanted.

I'm placing them around my front door here at my husband's home 
amongst all my Cacti, Succulents and Xmas Lilies,
and then around my Home Studio door below.

But my favorite place is among my daughter Dani's eclectic mix of pumpkins from Trader Joes.
The really bright orange ones were grown by the kids.
And of course I love the pix even more because of the two best grand pups in the world!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the chuckle ... that one pumpkin in particular is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just love the way nature takes over. Ha ha

      Delete
  2. Amazing how funny vegetables can be! Anthropomorphism by nature. :) Love pumpkin season! My admiration for your son and his wife for transforming their yard into a garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so much fun helping them, and them wanting my help. For me even the act of pulling weeds puts me in my happy place. :)

      Delete