Wednesday, June 6, 2018

AROUND THE WHIRLED

OIL PASTEL SPHERES
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 1ST QUARTER - 2017-2018
oil pastels on black construction paper

It always flabbergasts me the level of sophistication that the 7th graders bring to my class.
Like in this oil pastel preliminary by Alia Cortez.
Just breathtaking!

And in this one as well by Emily Ahn.
She is using the pastels in 3 different ways all in one piece for a beautiful composition.

And check out the brilliant use of color and value in this one by Alanna Chan.

Shaniya Gentry went for a bit of extra credit
by using a pencil lead over the oil pastel to add a whole other layer of movement, texture and pattern.

1 comment:

  1. What I love ...

    Alia's green moon makes me smile (and consider, as moons are in my current plans) ... Emily's enigmatic light source (a blue moon perhaps?) ... the heart in Alanna's apple ... and I could get (happily) lost in Shaniya's magical space

    ReplyDelete