Friday, September 22, 2017

AN IMPORTANT PIECE

 COIL POTS
CERAMICS I
clay, glaze, oxides

When I posted the coil pots in mid-August,
I was missing one of the most visually interesting ones done by sophomore Olivia Krueger.

Olivia is a highly complex thinker,
and always comes up with a new take on each assignment. 
She shared with me last year that she's interested in being an Art Teacher,
how about that!
I've been working with her since the 7th grade in the Art Wheel, 
8th grade Beginning 2-d Art, 
and then last year,
Ceramics I,
and noticed almost immediately that she loves to help others around her 
who didn't understand directions or who weren't paying attention during demos.
She is such a patient young one,
and I think teaching is in her blood.
Her mama is a teacher as well.
Thank you Olivia for always giving me everything you've got.
This coil pot is truly one of a kind!

2 comments:

  1. The word "holding" came to me immediately ... as in nurturing, protecting, reassuring. Your words match my feeling about this piece ... kudos to a very special young artist and best wishes for her continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia truly is a special young woman. Your words capture her so well.

      Delete