Friday, August 25, 2017

DARN THAT GLARE

When will I learn my lesson,
to shoot my artwork before I put it under glass?
Dang! 
But oh my gosh,
 I had so much fun making it!
I followed along with Fiber Artist Laura Wasilowski from Artfabrik
on a wonderful Wool Stitch Along journey. 
But the framing of it was so painful.
 Once I got all those leaves/twigs, matt, & the eco-dyed fabric positioned just right,
and used the glass to keep it all in place so it wouldn't shift,
I didn't have the heart to pull it all apart to photograph it,
therefore,
the glare.
And of course this frame didn't come with non-glare glass.
Those gorgeous multi-colored threads where so much richer than you see here.
Oh well.

I got this piece framed up to give as a gift to my son's girlfriend Nicole,
who I'm crazy about.
She just finished up her M.B.A. while working full time,
and my son and their friends had a party for her.
And they wanted me to come.
ahhhhhhhhhh
YES!
I was thrilled and wanted to give Nicole something I made that was special to me,
and that I thought she might enjoy.
I was so pleased that she liked it,
 and I can't wait to see where she will hang it in their home.
I picked out a piece of eco-dyed linen tablecloth to mount it to,
but of course it didn't show up well in this photo.
And I used a piece of recycled sweater wool to stitch upon.
I also picked out two multi colored pearle cottons that played nicely with each other.
Laura offers up several other kinds of Stitch Alongs
with each of the embroidery stitches clearly demonstrated.
I hope you get a chance to check out her site.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining my wool stitch along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it immensely Laura, and learned many new techniques as well.

      Delete
  2. I was one of the lucky one to score a spot in one of her classes at the International Quilt Show in Houston a few years ago. It was a blast. She is just so fun to begin with, her teaching style makes the class so incredible. And you go home (or back to your hotel room) with the beginnings of a piece of artwork to embellish to your heart's desire. I left her vendor booth minus quite a few skeins of her fabulous hand dyed threads. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take a workshop from her, you are a lucky one! And to spend a bit of money in her vendor booth.

      Delete