Monday, April 3, 2017

BACK IN VOGUE

Oh my gosh,
 was it fun to revisit these old buddies.
I haven't taught Hoop Weaving since the late 1970's - early 80's.
This was one of my demo pieces for the students.
I used this assignment to replace Woven Bird's Nests.
I think the kids really enjoyed it.
We had to incorporate our Hand Dyed/Handspun Yarns,
along with other yarns that worked visually.  
I picked mostly wools with a bit of sparkle and a little cotton as well.
I also asked for at least one embellishment,
and some kind of hanging device.
I've had this sweet moon face for ages and have been waiting for the perfect home to place it on.

3 comments:

  1. Everything old is new again ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I think I had one of those of woven macrame hanging from the rear view mirror of my 1970 VW bus in the early 1970s. Brought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten all about these. I love them. This one is so pretty.

    Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

    Aloha,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete