Thursday, March 2, 2017

TIME TO SAY GOOD-BYE...

WATERCOLOR BLOB ANIMALS
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 2016-2017 - 1ST QUARTER
watercolor, marking pens & colored pencil accents

to these crazy 1st Quarter 7th graders.
What a handful they were!
Gotta be honest,
a challenging group with lots of squirrels,
but that's the way the 1st Quarter always is
 because the kids are getting adjusted to being in this new
 7th grade more adult environment.
But man oh man, 
there was a lot of raw talent in this bunch,
and I hope many of them will be back for more art.
Just look at those great smiles, 
the kids are having too much fun felting their soap scrubs.
Now let's check out their Watercolor Blobs,
their Final for the 8 weeks with me.

Chloe Choi you must come back for more art.
You are a natural, this piece says it all.
Talent & creativity.

Ankitha Venguswarmy, 
great balance & color scheme going on in this composition.
Plus it's just so much fun!

Ashley Yang I just love all your little creatures,
and your colors are perfect with lots of great value going on.
Just like I asked for.
Thank you! 

Katherine Chen this is a brilliant work of art.
You put so much great energy into developing it to it's fullest.
Bravo young woman!

Sophia Oporto. this is adorable.
I think I have featured you and Katherine the most from this group
which means, 
you two much come back for more art classes!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could have worked with an art teacher like you when I was young.

    I'll just enjoy learning from you now.

    Thank you for all that you share.

    Aloha,

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you Hunter for that heartfelt comment, I wish I could have worked with you as well!

      Delete
  2. Props to Chloe for her masterful lettering ... to Ankitha and Ashley for using my favorite colorways ... to Katherine for interlocking so many figures ... and to Sophia, whose hippo's eyes are mesmerizing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let these 1st Quarter 7th graders know they have this insightful comment. Thank you Liz.

      Delete