Sunday, December 4, 2016

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC

MUSIC INTERPRETATION
ADVANCED 2-D ART
oil based printmaking ink & other media

This is the Final project for this group of Advanced 2-D kids 4th Quarter.
They had just finished up a Monoprint Unit,
so the assignment was to combine Monoprinting with at least 3 other media,
but only after you have picked a piece of music to design to.

Senior Elias Rodriquez picked Warm on a Cold Night
by Honne.
A laid back kinda bluesy tune with a great beat.
A really soulful piece.
Elias brought together Monoprint,
Pen & Ink, 
Watercolor and Acrylic for a piece that I felt really captured the mood of the song.

Senior Jonathan Hsu pulled together Monoprinting,
Watercolor,
Acrylic & Tissue Paper
for his piece of music titled
Rose's Fountain
by
Aivi & Surasshu.
Jonathan's piece of music was more playful and uplifting,
and I felt he captured it nicely thru his imagery and color choices.

Both these promising young artists are on their way to bigger and better things.
Jonathan has gotten himself into Art Center in Pasadena,
no easy feat for one so young just out of high school,
and Elias is at California Sate University at Long Beach's Art Dept.,
my Alma Mater.
CSULB continues to have an outstanding art program.
Be prepared to work your butts off you guys, 
and meet those deadlines.
And remember,
it's all about craftsmanship!!!
Love you boys.

3 comments:

  1. These pieces stand on their own ... even not knowing the music behind them. But I very much like the idea and will let it germinate in my mind: to what music would I want to stitch? And as I write this I think, "The Rising" perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see what you's stitch to The Rising" How cool would that be? :)

      Delete
    2. Ha ... it would have to stand at the end of a very long line of project ideas! Speaking of which, perhaps if you send me an email with your snail mail address I will be motivated to finish and send my tea bad mini-quilt.

      Delete