Wednesday, June 8, 2016

IT'S ALMOST OVER

SENIOR AWARDS BANQUET NITE 2015-2016
JUNE 6, 2016

What a thrill it was for the whole school to see the best of the best
 of what you seniors have produced this year in art.
The hallway in the MAC Building looked magical!

I want to give a very special thank you to 2012 Alumni Alyssa Olea 
for putting up such an extraordinary display for you Seniors.

And congratulations to all my Art Award Winners!
I heard your parents truly enjoyed seeing your artwork 
after the many months I have kept it for myself for display purposes and shows.
I'm sure they were beaming with pride!
And I want to apologize for not being there to announce your awards in person.
Sadly I have a huge phobia about public speaking,
something instilled in me since childhood.
I'm hoping to one day conquer it.
Perhaps when I retire I should come back and take Ms. Improta's drama class.
I hear she works miracles with us shy ones. 
Elias Rodriguez,
This was so much your nite!
Seeing the culmination of the past two years on this side of the hallway wall was a treat for us all.
From what I heard your parents were especially pleased and impressed.

BRAVO TO ALL MY AWARD WINNERS!

OUTSTANDING 2-D & 3-D ARTISTS
1st Place- Elias Rodriguez
2nd Place- Jonathan Hsu
3rd Place- Hazel Cruz

Honorable Mention - Hapshiba Kwon, Charity Lizardo & Lily To  

OUTSTANDING 2-D ARTISTS
1st Place- Bernice Lin
2nd Place- Risha Bhakta & Katherine Ku
3rd Place- Kyla Balquin 

Honorable Mention - Nandan Vinjamury & Emily Allan

OUTSTANDING 3-D ARTISTS
1st Place- Hapshiba Kwon
2nd Place- William Kim & Kristine Luong
3rd Place- Antoniette Jabat, Amber Wu & Liana Chie

Honorable Mention - Eileen Wang, Clarissa Gutierrez & Karen Long

OUTSTANDING CERAMIC ARTISTS
1st Place- Klyne Madayag
2nd Place- Celeste Zambrano & Sitara Puliyanda
3rd Place Efrain Quintero & Eryn Burnett

Honorable Mention - Sandhya Raghvan, Archiana Vancheswaran & Casey Yoon


3 comments:

  1. What an incredible display of artistry! I will miss seeing your seniors next year (although hopefully some will stay in touch and show up in posts here). Please send them my best wishes for their future happiness and creative successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet Liz. Thank you for your wishes, I will pass them on and some will see them on the blog. Several kids check everyday to see your comments :) And never fear In Sept. I will be breaking in a whole new crop of seniors. Plus it takes me all summer to finish my posting from this year. So lots more to come!

      Delete
    2. That is so sweet Liz. Thank you for your wishes, I will pass them on and some will see them on the blog. Several kids check everyday to see your comments :) And never fear In Sept. I will be breaking in a whole new crop of seniors. Plus it takes me all summer to finish my posting from this year. So lots more to come!

      Delete