Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A KAILI UPDATE

She's back for her 2nd semester at U.H,
 and taking another pottery class.
Kaili has fallen in love with clay  :)
I so get that,
I fell when I was 16 and a sophomore in Sally Foster Wilde's ceramics class
at Sunny Hills High School in Fullerton, Ca.
Let's see now,
that was 44 years ago,
and the love has grown even deeper.  :)

A few of her new finished pieces to come out of the kiln.
She is also experimenting with some of the upper division cone 10 glazes.
Is one of those called Flambe Kaili?
Looks like a glaze I used 40 years ago at Cal State Long Beach.

Kaili's pots are getting bigger ...

and her shapes more varied and interesting.

But it's this big beauty that intrigues me.
Are these solid pinched forms scored together?
Or are they hollow?
Or perhaps she has throw each one separably on the potter's wheel?
I'd love to know Kaili.
Get back to us please!

1 comment: