I've only been working on this for the past couple of years,
off and on,
from hand dyed rovings I've spun into yarn when I demo for my Beginning 3-D students.
I'm using the basic Granny Stitch pattern and crocheting these squares,
then sewing them together.
My plan is to have this throw blanket done by the time my son decides to marry.
He has seen it a couple of times in progress and commented on it's colors,
so I know he likes it.
But I'm keeping it a secret.
And I'm pretty sure he is with the woman of his dreams so it is just a matter of time now.
No pressure LOL
And I know he won't see it here
because neither one of my own children look at my blog unless I make them.
So this past summer I've been working diligently on trying to expand it below.
I added a larger row of floral granny squares as well as a darker border
to separate the next row I'll be putting on next.
Above are the baby squares,
in various shades of green,
waiting to be put together for that next row.
I need around 146 squares and I've got about 50 more to make :(
Such a long process,
but I'm really enjoying the outcome.