Thursday, June 11, 2015

INTRODUCING...

MY 4TH QUARTER 7TH GRADERS 2014-2015

VALUE SCALES
graphite on paper with some colored pencil

What a great group of kids to end the year with.
They are intelligent, 
respectful and attentive listeners.
And they work so hard to please me.
I couldn't ask for more.
So let me show off their first assignment.

One of the young men that impressed me the most,
 right off the bat,
 was Micah Yim.
He figures out a way to give us 3 value scales,
as well as bringing in sensitive colored pencil accents,
Fantastic job Micah!

This next young lady,
Sydney Eng,
set her value scale inside this ornate design that she painstakingly drew out to perfection.
And I will tell you that we will be seeing a lot more from this young one as the summer progresses.

And look at Shannon Carizon rock this lighthouse!
Love how brave she was to completely fill the paper with diagonals and gentle curves.
(it's very unusual for youngsters this age to use the whole piece of paper)

And it looks like Adelle Sarmiento is also coming in with some previous drawing skills.
This clever girl uses echoing to build her value scale with.

I look forward to sharing this group of kids with you more this summer
 as I catch up with all my blog posts.
So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Having just returned from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, home of the Cape Hatteras lighthouse, you can probably guess which picture held me eye the longest ...

    ReplyDelete