Saturday, April 25, 2015

HELP NEEDED...

to identify this antique spinning wheel.
I recently acquired this gorgeous old spinning wheel from friends and shop owners up on the mountain.
My husband is going to clean, oil and restore it for me,
and I'm hoping someone out there might be able to tell me something about this wheel and its origin and date.
I love it's weathered blue color and I found these initials "AEG" on it's frame that feel embossed into the wood.
I also found these initials on the side "M.N.D.H." that were hand lettered.

It's patina is so beautiful, I can't wait to see it all oiled up again.
It must be old, 
there are no nails anywhere,
only pounded in dowels for joins.
Although there is a piece of metal that has rusted that turns the wheel.
And look at the join on the wheel below,
it's just so cool.

So I'm really hoping that someone out there might be able to share a little info on this beauty.
Note the old piece of leather that the orifice is slipping thru.
Wonderful!!!!
It was love at first site  :)

2 comments: