Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bianca's Gift

The kindness, love, thankfulness and generosity of my students at the end of a school year is overwhelming and so heartfelt.
It let's me know I am on the right track with these young ones.
In the back of my mind I'd always hoped that I'd be a recognized artist, and maybe that is yet to come.
But what I do know now is that I have become a good teacher, and that I've opened the hearts and minds of over 5000 children in my teaching career to the world of art.
And that is way more important in the whole overall scheme of things.
One of the many beautiful gifts I received this year was from junior Bianca Tolentino.
She carded up this glorious batt of fibers for me to spin over the summer.
So Bianca, I wanted to show you the yarn I spun from your lovely gift, and to thank you for your thoughtfulness.
I will see you next school year in the Intermediate 3-D class.
Can't wait to see what you will create!
And I look forward to using this yarn in my lastest project.

No comments:

Post a Comment